Monday, June 29, 2009

Mixed feelings

Wah, time really flies, it’s been more than 2 years since I stopped working. Whenever I log onto the facebook and see the ex-colleagues’ photos, instantly I felt a sense of warmth yet sadness. Warmth cos there are some familiar faces whom have been working with me through thick & thin. Also, there are some co-workers whom I have not seen since I stopped working. Some still look the same while others look aged and haggard. Guess all the tons & tons of work that had driven them to become so. However, there are also many new faces who juz joined within these 2 years. Very soon, the place will become like a totally stranger to me. Many part-timers and young workers (esp Malays)!!!!! Sigh ****

Now I am listening to Chen Bai Qiang’s Cantonese CD, fond memories came flashing across my mind. Cos they are songs where the Alexandra store team like to sing whenever we went out on our management “retreat”. Imagine the 7 of us used to be so closely-knitted as a team but now the group is like disbanded and some became very distant. Though I still keep in touch wif some, they are always so busy to talk too long wif me. Perhaps compared with them, I am too free and shd show some empathy towards them. I shd not complain too much. Very sad some friendship can’t withstand the passing of time. I guess it needs 2 hands to clap in order to maintain a true and everlasting friendship. Sometimes I wonder if I did not leave the place, will we still be as close as ever? Anyway, I have no regrets cos my family is still my top priority. At the end of the day, not many parents have the chance to keep their child company throughout their growing up stage…. What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment